
Welcome!!
Welcome to our blog. The purpose of this blog is to provide an open forum to discuss social promotion versus retention as well as offer helpful information to parents, teachers, counselors, administrators and the community at large.
The topic of social promotion versus retention has taken on a new twist in Georgia due to implementation of new testing standards. The numbers of students being retained in the 3rd, 5th, and 8th grades have increased rapidly because they are not meeting the CRCT standards. This has sparked a controversy among educators, parents, students, and the community as a whole. Has the system failed our students when it is determined that they will be retained? Should social promotion be an option?
Monday, April 7, 2008
Insights About Myself - Kimberly

I found this blogging assignment to be very interesting and exciting. Prior to this project, I really didn’t know much about blogs. What I did know about blogs was mostly negative, such as people use blogs to self-promote or promote their own agendas. However, because of this project, I have come to learn that all blogs should not be generalized into that one category. I found that when handled responsibly, blogs can be a tremendous tool for sharing information, ideas and opinions on a variety of subjects. Since this project began, I learned a lot about my own technical skills and my abilities to set-up and manage a blog as well. My aptitude is much better than I had originally thought. I also learned that blogging can be truly absorbing. When done correctly, managing a blog seems to require a lot of time. So staying organized and staying committed is paramount. But I think that in the end, the positive results of blogging far outweigh the negatives. Through this experience, I learned that I love interacting with others and collaborating on many topics. I think that blogging can be very rewarding, especially when a topic or subject matter is close to your heart. I found that I really like the idea of being able to post commentary and share and collaborate with others. Finally, I found this assignment very exciting because it allowed me to explore my own creativity by having to go through the process of actually setting up a blog. I loved the design process. And finally I enjoyed this blogging experience because I was able to learn new technical skills that I can apply in my chosen profession and beyond.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment